Home -- English-1 -- English-2 -- BIK01 -- Step 039 - DIFFERENCES between Bible and Koran as Books
Previous Step -- Next Step
BIK01 - Biblical Investigations of the Koran
A Ministry Course on Biblical Content in the Koran
STAGE 1 - INTRODUCTION
UNIT 02 - INNER LIMITS: Comparing the Bible and the Koran as BOOKS
039 - DIFFERENCES Between the Bible and the Koran as Books
In spite of these seeming similarities, the differences between the Bible and the Koran as books are more prominent. Here are seven areas, in which the Bible and the Koran differ from each other as books:
(1) the history of formation of each book,
(2) the original language(s) of each book,
(3) the status of translations of each book,
(4) the order of the content of each book,
(5) the size of the entire text of each book,
(6) the usage of each book, as well as
(7) the existence of possible supplements to the respective book.
Let us look at each of these differences separately.